Whether you’re migrating from another platform or you’ve had your Magento 2 store built from scratch, the length of an M2 project from conception to launch can be a long and complex one. Just some of the intricacies involved could be the number of integrations required, the extent and depth of customisations, and detailed design / UX requirements.
With Magento 2 being well suited to cope with modern ecommerce demands, it’s important to trust a Magento Partner agency to manage the build and to ensure this potentially long process is as smooth as possible.
But what if things haven’t gone quite as you would have hoped? Whether it be through lack of expertise, missed deadlines, or failure to stick to estimates, many Magento 2 store owners find themselves searching for a new agency to support their site post launch, or even needing to have the project rescued part way through the build process.
Here at Absolute, we’re often approached by clients for support in these circumstances. In general, we find the majority of problematic sites we inherit are in poor condition because they were developed by non Magento Partners, who do not certify their developers, and so the standard of coding is poor and / or the site architecture and build process were badly managed.
Absolute have a proven process we follow when inheriting Magento 2 websites for ongoing support. This onboarding process allows us to give inherited sites a clean bill of health before ongoing support commences:
- Site evaluation - Our senior front and back-end developers perform a detailed site evaluation in which we analyse the site and observe any edits to core code, base templates, libraries and core files. These changes are compared to the code of a ‘clean’ Magento copy (of the same version) and assessed.
- Site migration - We’ll install your current Magento store onto a development site.
- Magento upgrade - Based on the results of your site evaluation, our Magento certified developers perform all the work required to give your site a clean bill of health, using approved coding standards. We’ll also upgrade your Magento version should your site be out of date.
- Bug fixing - we will investigate any functionality / modules that are not working and resolve any issues
- Go-live - Following a process of thorough testing, your store will be deployed from your development site to your live environment, ready for ongoing support.
After the initial onboarding stage, we offer a Magento support service tailored to your needs.
With priority response managed through a dedicated support ticketing system, you’ll have a dedicated account manager and a team of in-house Magento certified support developers on-hand, waiting to deal with your requests.
If you’re seeking support for your Magento store, find out more about Absolute’s Magento support offering. Or get in touch or give us a call on 0115 953 4800 if you’d like to chat to us in person about your requirements.