We are looking for a Magento Developer to join our Nottingham team
Up to £40,000 DOE
- Job application closing date
- Download full job spec
Absolute has been established for 20 years. We're a digital creative agency specialising in web design and development, with an impressive and varied client base. We are looking for an experienced and talented Magento Developer to join our growing team.
Do you want to work with a wide range of clients, from well-known brands to exciting startups? Are you interested in developing your own skills whilst helping to build a growing development team?
You’ll work on a wide range of interesting projects from ecommerce projects to CMS sites, as part of an expert team of developers. This will see you impart your own Magento knowledge but allow you to learn new technologies and methodologies including working towards a certification in Magento 2.
You'll be an experienced PHP developer with an in-depth knowledge of Magento and a number of deployments under your belt.
· Excellent commercial experience with Magento 1 CE
· Excellent PHP and MSQL
· Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS
· Experience of version control, preferably Git
· Experience working in process-driven environment
· Strong communication skills
· An appetite for personal learning and development and an interest in the state and shape of the industry.
· Magento 1 certification
· Experience of Magento EE and/or Magento 2
· Experience with other PHP frameworks – we use Laravel
· Experience of CSS preprocessors (SASS / LESS)
· Experience with unit testing frameworks
· Experience of caching solutions e.g. Redis, Memcache
· Commercial experience of systems integration via SOAP, REST, file transfer etc.
· Familiar with debugging and profiling tools e.g. Xdebug
· Familiar with packaging systems e.g. Composer
· Experience with deployment workflows
· Knowledge of virtualised or containerised environments e.g. Docker
· A good understanding of Linux-based hosting environments
· A good understanding of internet architecture.
Working in a professional creative environment, this role involves:
· Mentoring and collaborating with members of the team
· Helping us in shaping our solutions and process
· Interpreting and helping to write requirement briefs, specifications, wireframes and designs
· Build bespoke modules or advise on off-the-shelf solutions to meet tech requirements
· Provide estimates for scope of work
· Advise account handlers and clients on solutions and practices
· Problem-solving issues on existing sites.
Applicants should send a full CV to email@example.com with details of previous online experience.
Back to all jobs
How to apply Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of previous experience.